22 August 2009

fashion socks


So I stumbled across this ad for Louis Vuitton...many of you know of my ongoing disdain for the LV franchise. Anyway, I looked at the ad and thought to myself, "Socks with pumps? Sacre bleu!" If I didn't know any better, I'd say the socks are a fashion diversion just so the French can get away with not shaving their legs. But alas, to my chagrin, as I searched a bit more, I found every sock color, length and style being sported on the runway and also on the street by fledgling fashionistas blindly following the likes of Burberry and Louis Vuitton.

Can I just say that this is one trend I'm not real thrilled about...especially the sheer knee highs with heels. It reminds me of my grandmother...as she got older and couldn't navigate the hose and garter deal with her dresses, she opted for knee highs because they were easier. I remember cringing whenever she would sit down or bend over and the hem of her dress would hike up. Cause in that day, a lady was mortified if a bra strap or slip was showing...and especially if your knee highs were making a break for it.

...sigh...

So anyway, for those of you who just have to perpetuate this kind of crazy, here are some resources for your styling dementia.

Sock-a-doodle-doo from me to you, Miss Bea.

No comments: