07 September 2009

friday project runway challenge 3

Here it is...finally I'm caught up...the surfer babe beach wear design challenge. Of which, I'd like to go on record as saying that I was a mite bummed with the contestants designs. Not like mine is 'all that'...but I guess my expectation is that these folks are going to knock my socks off...and that just didn't happen for me this past week. [Sidebar: This from the woman who spent 15 minutes this morning trying to pick a pair of earrings to wear to the grocery store.]

Anyway, if you remember, it was a two part challenge. Create a look for a surfer girl. I thought a pair of board shorts and an off the shoulder bathing suit top would be cute.

Then the second part of the challenge was to create a 'couture' piece that coordinated with the beach wear. Mine is not what I would consider couture, but it does coordinate with the first look, which I didn't think any of the P.R. peeps quite nailed.

Better late than never...or as Great Aunt Ruby used to say, "Better never be late", Miss Bea.

No comments: