05 October 2009

big doin's at the office


I'm going to interrupt my regularly scheduled programming to spend a couple days in anticipated celebration of the upcoming nuptials of Pam Beesely and Jim Holpert.

...who?

For those of you who don't know, Pam and Jim are characters on the TV show "The Office". [I know, I know...I need to get a life] Anyway, this Thursday is the long awaited episode where Jim and Pam finally say "I do". I would say that 'The Office" is sort of the "Seinfeld" of today. It's basically a show about nothing and definitely an acquired taste...either you love it or you just don't get it...and wherever you fall on that spectrum is fine. My husband and I just happen to love the lunacy of the show and get a huge kick out of it.

So...for the next couple of days, I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time blogging about it, because obviously I have nothing better to do.

...er hum...

So, what would a wedding be without the obligatory bridal shower? In Pam's case, it's a bridal/baby shower...cart...horse...you get the idea. If you are a woman, you have most likely been to your share of showers...either in attendance or as the honoree. And you also most likely know that they can be a crap-shoot...which is probably why Jim and Pam have not registered anywhere, they are just asking for cash.

Here is my interpretation of the array of gifts that Pam & Jim may have received if their office counterparts had thrown them a shower.


Love is a many splintered thing, Miss Bea.

No comments: