10 February 2010

dear miss bea heyvin 2

This from another one of the Shopstyle gals. I created 3 looks for her...all work appropriate and budget conscious.

You did such a great job for the mom with hips and her need for casual style. I too am a mom with hips, same small budget, but I am going back to work (like you, in marketing!). Any work looks for me?  Cindy Z
Hey Cindy...My work attire strategy is that I have some key wardrobe pieces that are neutral. (ie: black slacks, black pencil skirt, black dress) For those pieces, I may spend a little more $$ on because I know I will wear them alot and they won't go out of style as quickly. From there, I mix and match blouses, sweaters, jackets and accessories to switch up the look from day to day. I usually shop a more inexpensive retailer for accessories. I have a friend who won't pay over $25 for a handbag. That way she doesn't feel guilty dropping it off @ Goodwill after one season of use. That's kind of my philosophy about accessories as well.
For those of us who have a little 'junk in the trunk', it's always good to remember that an hourglass shape is what we're going for. So, emphasis on creating a waistline is key...as well as trying to broaden the shoulders in order to balance out the hips. You can broaden the shoulders by wearing tops that poof slightly at the shoulder, cap sleeve or sleeveless that extends just beyond the shoulder.
Miss Bea! You are my Stacy and Clinton and you didn't make me give up my grubby clothes. You are my Rachel Zoe and you didn't make me lose weight. You are the best thing to happen to me today! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The looks you did are WONDERFUL and help me more than you know.The first thing I'm going to tackle tomorrow is planning an office party so I can wear that outfit!!! Cindy Z.

Aw shucks...t'weren't nuttin', (blush) Miss Bea

No comments: