27 January 2014

really ralph?


...s'cuse me for a second, I have a little spit up in the back of my throat. let me just rinse that out with a little...Oh dear heavens...


Hey Ralph? I think maybe this idea seemed more cool in your head than in actuality. I don't know how the athletes feel, but I'm a tad ruffled that the first look the entire world is going to see of our Olympic athletes is this...a patriotic theme sweater that could have come out of my grade school teacher Mrs. Bixler's closet.  The U.S. State Department has issued a warning to the athletes to not wear their team USA clothing outside the Olympic venues. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has nothing to do with their safety...if you get my drift (wink wink). Ralph sweetie, I think it might be time to pass the torch onto another designer, but not before you use it to light that unsightly cardigan on fire.

So a couple bullet points here...
1)No one...and I mean NO ONE except a wafer thin model looks good in straight leg pants. The female speed skaters are going to brown code in their shorts when they try to fit their thighs in those things.
2)How long are the opening ceremonies? I wonder how many athletes are going to be able to walk and stand in those brand new unbroken boots. Do they come with blister pads?
3)Was it really necessary to brand every piece of clothing with some version of the Ralph Lauren logo? You'd think Ralph was sponsoring the entire team. Sheesh...


Styled for the 2014 American Olympic Team by Miss Bea Heyvin
Ralph Lauren $795
Just in case you missed the humongo RL polo pony on the front lapel,
there's a logo'd side patch as well. Wouldn't want to miss that free advertising
due to a bad camera angle.
Scotch & Soda $157
Here's a cheaper version of the pea coat, if you want something similar
but don't want to pay for the RL logo.
Ralph Lauren $598
Yes Style $19
I know...your heart is broken that it doesn't have the word "POLO" on it.
Get over it. You just saved $579.
Ralph Lauren $95
Also Ralph Lauren $15
In a snit...Miss Bea

Addendum...Jan 29, 2014. One of my friends sent me this link and basically told me to 'shut my pie hole' about the American Olympic outfits. And, I would have to agree with her. The US outfits...not nearly as bad. Check it out.

1 comment:

Sierra Sue said...

At first look I thought they were modeling for the annual "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party!!

I certainly would have preferred a "Classic" look!!