23 February 2014

dear dolce and gabbana

Talk to any of my friends and you know my complete and utter revulsion and disgust for squirrels. The word "squirrel", first specified in 1327, comes from Anglo-Norman esquirel from the Old French escurel, the reflex of a Latin word sciurus. This Latin word was borrowed from the Ancient Greek word σκίουρος, skiouros, which means scurvy ridden messenger of the devil. (well, not really, but that would be my interpretation of it) 

So imagine my odious horror, as I'm sipping my morning coffee and shuffling through pictures of Milan fashion week, and I stumbled upon these...




Someone please ring up D&G and let them know that this is not fashion...this...this...whatever this is, is some type of sick twisted rodent idolization that should be met with uncompromising disapproval. Besides...that is NOT a squirrel coat. This is a squirrel coat.


And for all you PETA supporters out there...yes, it's real fur...but it's squirrel fur, so it doesn't count. Wearing it should actually be considered a gesture of environmental genius...ridding the world of squirrels, one disgusting rodent at a time.

Switching to decaf on Monday, Miss Bea

Addendum on Monday. This was the lead story on Style.com


"Woodland charm"??? "Freshen up"??? Someone needs to quit smoking the 'woodland' funny weed.

No comments: