26 September 2009

dear helena bonham carter

Wow...

Sometimes in fashion, it's difficult to tell if someone is an avante garde trend setter of sorts or just dipping into the squirrel stash. I have an inclination Helena-dear, that you may be the latter.

For some time now I've been watching your fashion shenanigans, and although 'show stopping', not so much in a good way. When someone looks at you and the first thought through their head is, "What garage sale threw up on her", then I think it's time to step away from the Saks clearance rack and seek professional assistance.

Cause honey...this ain't pretty.

Case in point:

["Uhhhhh, think Miss Bea, THINK! There must be something positive here."] Pearls...yes, pearls. Always a nice, classy choice. Kind of the subtle vanilla in your fashion fruitcake...as can be illustrated by your pairing them with the platform combat boots and Pippy Longstocking striped hosiery.

...egads...

So, a couple areas I'd like to address here. First being those lovely voluminous tresses of yours. Everything in moderation my dear. Here are some ideas:
Second...pregnancy clothing. I've said this before, but it bears repeating. I'm glad that you're so ecstatic about being with child, but please leave something to the imagination. Seriously, cover it up. The general public isn't interested in seeing your mushrooming baby-bakery. In the event that you deplore the ho-humness of most maternity wear like I do, here are some ideas of off-the-rack, normal ready-to-wear that I think would work really well to camoflauge your baby bump. Then thirdly, I think your penchant toward boho style can be delightful in a quirky romantic kind of way, as long as it's done well. Let me repeat...'done well'. Here are some ideas for evening that are actual vintage pieces...little beautiful works of art. So pretty and, I think, perfect for you.
Tip for living: Eat nuts don't be one, Miss Bea.

No comments: