25 September 2009

project runway challenge 6

In yesterdays show, the designers from Project Runway were taken to Universal Studios where they drew cards for a movie genre. Their challenge was to create a look that would represent the genre as well as incorporate their design aesthetic. In order to get a handle on their design, the designers needed to create a back story for their look. Some of the stories were pretty entertaining. I think the looks that were most successful were from folks who actually took the time to think through the character they were designing for. As always, I didn't agree with the judges and I really didn't think Nicolas should have won the challenge with a white dress, glued on silver frou-frou and some face glitter.

Anyway...out of all the genres, I decided to tackle Sci-Fi. My look is based on my character Meano Pahzz, evil ruler of the planet Astro Gen. Her planet's eco system is powered by a hormone that is only found in the female species from the planet Earth. With her wicked side kick, Hot Flash, they plan to systematically suck the life giving hormone out of every woman age 50 and older...leaving them with memory loss and weight gain.

...I know...I'm pathetic. Miss Bea.

No comments: