03 February 2010

2010 grammys

Maybe it's me, but I thought the Grammy's red carpet was a tad lackluster this year. Usually there are some over-the-top hoochie-mama jaw-dropping outfits, that although I hold in disdain...I sure do love the show. Kudos to little Taylor Swift who manages to exhibit more poise and flare for her tender young age than most of her celebrity counterparts. And that's really refreshing to me. I hope she stays honest and unaffected...which would be a major miracle in that industry.

I keep harping on Nicole Kidman, but man-o-man...she has been laying some major f-bombs lately (as in fashion bombs people...not the other kind). I do like the darker red hair color on her, but the black dress is so garish against her skin. She looks like a human Oreo. So, Nicole sweetheart, if you're reading my blog...

...right...

...have your people contact my people...cause I really think your stylist is asleep at the wheel and had one too many jello shots.

Although this look doesn't have the 'edgy' vibe that is often seen at the Grammy's, you're not an edgy-hip-rockster girl. You live in Nashville, for pete's sake and drive a Bentley. So, go with what works for you. Tailored, simple...actually anything besides black.

oh...and if you could wear a kitten heel...that would be even more perfect so that your husband doesn't look like a smidge-midge beside you. (dig his ensemble, btw...very hip for a country ya-hoo)


And then there was Rihanna..

This is called "Let's throw everything we can think of on one dress" fashion design. Draping...check. Long train...check. Slit up the wazoo...check. Shoulder pads...check. Lace-sequins-frou frou-bustier...check, check, check, check. If you were going for a Malibu Barbie wedding cake topper look...then congratulations sweetie...mission accomplished.


Alright people...I believe my work here is done. Later taters...Miss Bea

No comments: